Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes sharp pain inside urinary tract?

Question
Hello doctor, I'm XXXXXXX and I am having a problem which has been very disturbing and I have tried a lot of anti- biotics but won't still leave me
I am having a sharp inch and a sharp bite inside my urinary tract and don't know what to do and I also observed that my sperm isn't as thick as it used to be, so I need help....Please doc, help me!.
Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Uro-genital infection...

Detailed Answer:

The sharp inch and sharp bite inside your urinary tract is indicating for infection. Urine analysis and urine culture and sensitivity testing is needed to identify the cause and treat it accordingly.

Apart antibiotics, urine alkalinizers should be used together with herbal tea for urinary tract infection (uva-ursi, cranberry, etc.).

Genital infection (urethritis, prostatitis) can also occur when having frequent UTI, so, you can do an uro-genital ultrasound and spermatic fluid culture to determine/rule it out.

With regards to having a non-very stick sperm, it might be because of:
- infection problems you are facing
- medications you use
- having frequent intercourse or masturbate quite often

Once you treat the infection, the sperm will get its normal thickness. While, avoiding frequent ejaculation can also help make it thicker.

Hope it helped!
Dr.Albana

Follow-up: What causes sharp pain inside urinary tract? 3 hours later
Yes it does, but I still have further questions....I usually feel the sharp itch inside the urinary tract that I have to press and squeeze my penis so hard and also press the urinary tract tube to feel relieved.

Please I need help on that and also, I usually have serious itching in my lower abdomen which I think it's my bladder and when I press it also itches and connects to the penis shaft......I also usually have proper food indigestion too, whenever I eat at night, I usually wake up to still feel food in my stomach and i feel heavy and eventually makes me use the toilet to poo.

Thank you and God bless you.
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible fungal overgrowth due to antibiotics...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back XXXXXXX

Thank you for following up.

The sharp itchiness you feel in your lower abdomen and having frequent food indigestion are indicative for possible:
- yeast overgrowth
- disbacteriosis (changes in intestinal flora)

due to antibiotic use and you might need anti-fungal treatment.

I advise to:
- culture spermatic fluid for bacteria and yeast
- examine the stool for ova/parasites
- culture feces for candida and pathogenic bacteria
- run abdominal ultrasound
- eat often and small portions
- take antacids and PPIs
- avoid foods/drinks that can turn your urine acidic or lower stomach pH

Hope it helped! Wish fast recovery!
Dr.Albana