What causes sharp pain in the right hip?
Could be a sprain, nerve pressure or hip arthritis.
Hi, I am Dr. Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
In my opinion, there are few possibilities--
1. Soft tissue sprain around groin muscles which will present just like this- take pain killers, muscle relaxants for few days it should give you relief.
2. Pressure on one of the nerves in the groin- it can cause/mimic similar pain for this you need to add Gabapentin (prescription medication) in addition to above treatment.
3 . Hip Osteoarthritis- x rays will show the problem and same treatment will be helpful
If despite this, pain does not get better in about 10 days then you can go for EMG studies.
Thanks for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sharp pains in uterus
- What cause of sharp pains in the head
- What causes sharp pains in bones
- What causes sharp pain in nipples
- What causes sharp pain in spleen
- What could be cause of sharp pain on right ear
- What causes sharp pain in wrist
- What causes sharp pain in right ear
- What causes sharp pain in lower gut and hips
- Sharp pain above right hip