What causes sharp pain in the lower right abdomen while bending or taking a deep breath?
Please give additional information.
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
Please give additional history for me to assist you better:
Since when is the pain present?
Associated nausea, vomiting, bloating, loose stools or constipation?
Any urinary or other symptoms?
Any back ache?
Any chest/respiratory system related symptoms?
As discussed in details below.
Thanks for your feedback.
Previous surgery may cause problems but there will be associated symptoms like bloating, nausea, vomiting and so on.
Needs the following in such a situation for getting a proper diagnosis.
Clinical evaluation, examination by a Doctor, preferably a General Surgeon.
This will help for further investigations to support the clinical diagnosis.
Ultrasonography of abdomen and X-ray of abdomen in standing position.
Tests of blood, urine and stool.
Since you have severe neck and shoulder pain, the resultant muscle spasm of the mid-back if present can cause nerve compression and pain in the right lower abdomen. This too needs a high clinical suspicion by your Doctor so that a proper clinical evaluation can be done and investigations done to get a correct diagnosis and have a proper plan of management.
I hope this answer helps you in getting an XXXXXXX and proper diagnosis and treatment.
Please give feedback and ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
Cannot be guessed from the history you have provided.
As detailed. Please give additional history.
As mentioned above, please give detailed history.
A good history can help me to assist you better and helps in clinical diagnosis.
You have a history of pain 4/10 - right lower abdomen - sine last night - slight nausea - mainly on bending or deep breathing - history of previous surgeries noted.
Such a pain can occur due to intestinal obstruction secondary to previous surgery as it increases on bending or taking deep breath.
Such pain can also occur due to nerve compression at the lower thoracic level ( increases on bending and deep breathing).
Another rare cause can be lower lung problems causing referred pain to the right lower abdomen.
Appendicitis also can cause such pain as you have it in the right lower side.
Since ovaries have been removed, these can not be the cause of pain in your case.
Since you have not mentioned about any urinary symptoms right ureteric or kidney as a cause is again rare to think about.
Nausea can occur as a reflex phenomenon due to any pain.
Hope this helps.
Dr. T Chandrakant, General Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes short sharp pain while urinating
- What could cause sharp pain during deep breathing
- Sharp pain in lower right abdomen while pregnant
- What could cause sharp pain around abdomen
- What causes sharp pain in knee when bending
- What could be cause of sharp pain on right ear
- What causes sharp pain in right ear
- What causes sharp pain in lower gut and hips
- What could cause sharp pain at the lower abdomen
- What could cause sharp pain in abdomen while coughing
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis