What causes sharp pain in the lower leg?
It is likely to be due to pinched nerve
Welcome and thanks for your query.
Your symptoms are suggestive of pinched nerves. This occurs commonly from the inter vertebral disc in the back bone pressing on the nerve fibers.
It can be confirmed by getting a MRI of the lumbosacral region.
You can get some relief by lying flat on your back on hard bed, avoid bending of the back bone as bending over to pick anything form the floor, avoid carrying or lifting any weight and such activities.
Do get back to me if you have further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sharp pains in uterus
- What cause of sharp pains in the head
- What causes sharp pain in lateral side of leg
- What causes sharp pains in bones
- What causes sharp pain in nipples
- What causes sharp pain in spleen
- What causes sharp pain in wrist
- What causes sharp pain in lower gut and hips
- What could cause sharp pain at the lower abdomen
- What causes sharp pain in calf of leg