What causes sharp pain in the lower leg after a flight?

Posted on Tue, 22 Nov 2016 in Lump
Question: Sharp pain in mid calf region. Recent long jet flight
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consideration

Detailed Answer:
hello and thank you for sending the question.

The obvious concern with your symptom is that this could represent a blood clot in the lower part of your leg. I would say if the symptoms persist or if you notice any type of swelling in your leg that you should contact your primary care physician as soon as possible. Your doctor can order a simple ultrasound test today if I were the blood flow in your veins and help to rule out a possible blood clot.

thank you again for sending the question. Please let us know if you have any other specific concerns.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist