What causes sharp pain in the breast with sneezing, breath or laughing?
It may be pleuritis
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
It is possible that the pain is related to pleuritis/pleurisy.
There is a lining outside the lungs called the pleura. Inflammation/irritation of the pleura is called pleuritis/pleurisy.
This can occur in various conditions including cough/cold as you have.
This inflammation results in the person experiencing pain on coughing. Pain can also sometimes occur with sneezing , taking a deep breath or laughing.
It is normally treated with anti inflammatory pain killers such as ibuprofen, cataflam or naproxen.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sharp pain under the breast and breathlessness
- What causes sharp pains in uterus
- What cause of sharp pains in the head
- What causes sharp pain around left breast
- What causes sharp pain in nipples
- What causes sharp pain in spleen
- Frequent sharp pains in the breast what are the causes
- What causes sharp pain under the breast
- What causes sharp pain in wrist
- What causes sharp pain under the left breast