What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
BP averages 144 over 87
In office I firmly believe we had polluted air but none the less
Recently have sharp pains in chest cavity relieved by burping
I sit at desk pain ensues I go to Tahoe and drive to Starbucks pain subsides
I social smoke
Breathing even deeply is not an issue
Burning sensation under sternum and throat periodic daily
Could be high BP
Could be lung cancer
Could be Gerd
Just weird I get outside and feel somewhat journal
Snoring loudly is in the mix inherited from Dad - as in wake myself and the neighbors up loud
Nasty taste in throat even with beverages other than coffee
Relief temporarily when burping but the after taste is horrid
I recommend to explore first your digestive tract
Hello! Thank you for your question on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would say that after reading your complains carefully , seems like they are linked to digestive tract (pain relieved by burping, taste after burping is horrid, etc).
But, before to draw inappropriately premature conclusions (whether it is GERD, hiatal hernia or something else), I strongly recommend you to consult a specialist in the field (gastroenterologist, or an internist) in order to take a thorough medical history and physical examination coupled with some lab tests and if necessary chest X ray films and fibrogastroscopy, etc.
So relax; nobody talked about lung cancer, or any other horrible thing.
Hope to have been helpful to you.
Feel free to ask again whenever you need. Greetings from Dr. Iliri
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sharp pain in left shoulder and chest
- What causes sharp pains in uterus
- What cause of sharp pains in the head
- What causes sharp pains in bones
- What causes sharp pain in nipples
- What is the reason for sharp pain in chest
- What causes sharp pain in spleen
- What causes sharp pain in wrist
- What causes sharp pain in chest while lying down
- What can cause intermittent sharp pain in chest
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?