What causes sharp pain in calf of leg?

Posted on Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Lately I have been having a sharp pain in the calf of my leg in the same spot. It comes and goes.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Remedies for having sharp pain in calf.... Detailed Answer: Hi, The pain you are having in the calf of your leg at the same spot could be related to: - any trauma you had recently exactly at that place - arthritis - lack of vitamins and minerals such as Magnesium and vitamins of B group. I advise to: - keep the affected leg well warmed and massaging - apply otc ant-algesic creams - take oral otc pain killers If the pain won't improve within a week, should consult your physician for further evaluation. Hope it was of help! Dr.Alba
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Albana Sejdini