What causes sharp pain at the tip of the penis?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have sharp pain in the end of my penis from time to time. No problem urinating
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be due inflammation of urethral meatus

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Sharp pain in urethral meatus could be due to inflammation of urethral meatus

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.

Are you diabetic ?

You may need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefixime 200mg (prescription drug) along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily for 5 days.

Ensure to drink more water .

Hope I have answered your query, please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee