What causes sharp pain and burning sensation that spreads from nose to eyes?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Tue, 30 Aug 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: when rinsing my nose(sinuses) I got a burning,sharp pain that spread from my nose to my eye to my head-front & back, right side. YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Clinical examination required

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It is very hard to comment without a thorough clinical examination. It needs to be checked whether you have a deviated nasal septum or a nasal polyp which could be the cause for the mentioned problem. Besides, a forceful syringing could damage the cribriform plate, a thin plate separating the brain from the roof of the nose. I would therefore strongly suggest that you visit an ENT doctor and get yourself evaluated without delay.