What causes sharp lower abdominal pain followed by fainting?
Probably urinary tract stones.
I read carefully your query and understand your concern.
The way you describe it seem to have been a stone in your urinary tract,that has passed through your ureters,to your bladder and to your urethra and get out during urination.
In this case you don't need treatment just drink plenty of fluids.
Just to be sure and to exclude other possible causes (ovary cysts,appendicitis,constipation etc) you should run some tests:
-Complete blood count
-Abdominal ultrasound and X-ray of abdomen.
Hope my answer has helped.
Let me know if you have any other question or doubt to clarify,I will be happy to help.
Wish you good health.
I am not sure if that's what it was because I had many bladder infections over the years and I had none of those symptoms. I didn't feel any pain urinating, only in my lower right side. But I do have a urinalysis and blood test scheduled later this week. Since I've had no more pain today, I will hope you are correct! :-)
Thanks so much, this really helped on a Sunday! XXXXXXX
You are welcome!
It is not meant that kidney stones will cause for sure an urinary tract infection that would cause frequent and painful urination.So kidney stones may present with pain in one side of abdomen that radiates in front of the hip.
Apart your urinalysis and blood test,I would recommend to do an abdominal ultrasound to exclude other possible causes including ovarian cyst.
You can discuss it with your treating doctor.
Wish you good luck!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having lower abdominal pain what could be causing this
- What causes lower abdominal pain
- What is causing the severe right lower abdominal pain
- What is lower abdominal pain
- What causes the sever lower abdominal pain
- What causes lower abdominal pain after urination
- What causes constant lower abdominal pain by hip
- What causes lower abdominal pain during pregnancy
- What causes spotting with lower abdominal pain
- What causes swelling in legs with lower abdominal pain