• question-icon

What causes sharp chest pain and tingling sensation in the jaw?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: HI,
I am 30 yr old male.I was having a sharp chest pain at my left side in december,so i gone through test such as 2d echo , enzyme test and stress test , all were negative.Doc advised me that its a anxiety.I was taking anxiety tablet now i have stopped it.But still i feel pain at my back on left side portion .Now i days i am feeling tingling in lower jaw for 1 sec and then it goes.It happens to me every alternate day.
I dont know what to do.

Please suggest.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear

After going through the medical details provided by you I would like to tell you that considering your age and all the tests results it's highly unlikely that you have any heart disease.

Yes your doctor was right all these symptoms could be felt in case of stress and anxiety also. It's good that you are already doing Yoga and meditation, just continue with this practice and stop focusing on small small things happening.

If you still feel helpless then you need to take the help of a psychologist.

I hope this information will guide you in a right path. Feel free to ask back if you have any more doubts.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 23 hours later
Thank u doctor for clarifying my doubtso because of anxiety I feel the pain at he back and some times left side of the sternum??

Can you please suggest the vegetables and fruits that will keep the anxiety down and making heart strongor and suggest some exercise.

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
Yes it could be a possible reason.

Eating good amount of fresh fruits and vegetables in daily diet helps in reducing cholesterol and making heart strong.

Also daily morning walks for 45 mins a day for 5 days a week is very helpful in keeping heart healthy.

Rest smoking should be avoided, low salt diet, avoiding fried and junk food and drinking good amount of water daily keeps you healthy.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap

Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 7 hours later
Hi doc,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions .It has helped me a lot.Just have one concern if I don't have any heart problem then why do I feel pain on left side of chest or under the left arm.It comes for 5 min and goes.

Please suggest
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
See from all the initial basic test it doesn't look like that you have any heart disease but if still you feel that there is something wrong then you can go for an Angiography.

In my opinion whatever you are experiencing is most likely to be related to thought process your subconscious is always thinking about chest pain that's why you are experiencing it every now and then. Try to over come it and you will be fine.

Hope to have been helpful.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist