What causes sharp abdominal cramps and back pain?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I have my periods due today. Didn't get my periods. But have sharp abdominal cramps from yesterday. Have back pain and Milky white discharge for about 2 weeks which are odourless. I am 26 yes and married. Trying to conceive. I only get sharp cramps on the second day of my periods.so Lil worried.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urine pregnancy test advised

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Delayed periods can be due to pregnancy, stress or hormonal disturbances.
Back pain, abdominal cramps and white discharge can be present in pregnancy or in premenstrual period.
I will suggest you to get a urine pregnancy test tomorrow.
If negative, then you can for a week for the periods.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad