What causes shaking of legs and fatigue?

Dr. Rahul Tawde

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Question: What would cause legs to shake along with inability to talk right and extreme fatigue. MRI sh. owed small lesions on brain. EEG normal carotid ultra sound normal etc. just diagnosed with mild sleep apnea.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please provide the following data of yours...

Detailed Answer:
Hi my dear,

Before running into final conclusions, I'd like to have your MRI report, so I can analyze it myself and determine :
- the type of lesions on brain
- where are they located (specific location in the brain and if any compression of brain tissue or other nearby organs is present)?

Next, I need to have more of your medical data:
- is the shaking all the time or you experience shaking attacks?
- can you specify how often do you have the episodes?
- are your legs shaking during nighttime?
- are you not able to speak all the time or only when having the episodes?
- do you suffer of any other disease: heart disease? hypertension? thyroid problems?
- do you have any lab report you have done recently?
- have you consulted a neurologist? can you provide the neurological examination report?

From what you are describing, the shaking legs along with inability to talk right is indicating for possible:
- stroke
- or suffering of brain due to possible compression caused by the lesions noted on MRI. To my opinion, those lesions might be hemorrhagic or tumoral in origin, I need to have the MRI report to conclude my final opinion.

Looking forward to have the requested data in!
Dr.Sejdini
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj