What causes severely dilated and slightly blurred vision in left eye?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Thu, 5 Nov 2015 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I noticed my left pupil was severely dilated this morning at about 7 am. i did use an over the counter allergy eye drop at about 5 am. vision is slightly blurred. felt like itchy burning before i used the drops, after felt like eye was still swollen but looking at it, swelling was gone but one pupil was much larger than the other. Should i be worried? Pupil still slightly dilated starting to get a headache it is now 1:58 pm.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
BE calm and observe for now only!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I have reviewed your information fully as well as the attached image and this is in line with the side effects of allergy medications. I will not be particularly concerned at this time because this is not a totally unexpected side effect. However, I will like that you monitor only for at least another 24hours before we pursue further evaluation if resolution is not complete or something else like blur vision, severe headaches, etc sets in.

In all, not unexpected as it is a known side effect of eye drops used for allergy.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.