What causes severe vomiting and nausea after taking Metformin XR?
Intolerance to the drug
Hello. Thanks for writing to hcm. Noted your concern. You are experiencing intolerance to metformin. Both Victoza and metformin can cause such side effects and its seen more when used together. As of now we need to try and help you out of the symptoms. Please take tab pantoprazole 40 mg twice a day for five days and then once a day for ten more days. Decrease the dose of Victoza to 1.2 mg once a day and stop metformin for five days. Restart it later at 500 mg once a day and uptitrate it weekly by additional 500 mg doses until the point you can tolerate the drug. If the sugars are not controlled on the maximum possible tolerated dose of Victoza and metformin you will need medications from another type in addition. Hope this helps. I will be glad to answer any more queries if you do have any. Warm regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe vomiting with stomach pain what is causing it
- Severe vomiting during pregnancy
- Can a person faint after severly vomiting
- Child with severe vomiting what to do
- Stomach swollen after severe vomiting
- Severe vomiting after smoking methamphetamine
- Severe vomiting causes
- What could cause severe vomiting after intake of impetigo medicines
- Severe vomiting in pregnancy
- Severe vomiting after eating food allergy