What causes severe vomiting and fever in a child?

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Child Health
Question: My 8 months daughter has tlc 13600 with diagnosed stomach infection. She has been vomiting and with 100 fever. Doctor has given t-98 and cefixime oral suspension twice a day. How long will it take for improvement, is it d right treatment?
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Should be ok in 5-7 days

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

Yes, it is the right treatment. It will take 5-7 days (from the onset) for recovery. Be sure to give ORS (oral rehydration solution) along.

Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 11 minutes later
She is having 102 fever
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Paracetamol is to be given if there is fever.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. You need to give her Calpol (paracetamol) drops to bring down the temperature. Also give tepid sponging.