What causes severe toe pain?

Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 12 Apr 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: hello doctor, i am getting severe pain at the tow region which i have showed in the pic . i have taken some pain killers but no use
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Plantar fascitis. Needs stretching, exercise, medication, hot soaks

Detailed Answer:
Hi there.

You seem to be suffering from Plantar fascitis.

This is a common condition affecting the sole and heel region where inflammation takes place and causes pain on walking or standing especially in the morning.

Try these remedies which shall definitely give you relief.

Wear soft slippers of Micro cellular rubber or MCR kind. Dip your feet in a pot of warm water with one tablespoon of added salt. Do calf stretching exercises by placing your palms against the wall with one leg bent at the knee on front and the other leg straight behind. Hold this position stretching the straight leg behind. Repeat this for the other side if necessary. This should be done for 5 minutes every morning just after waking up and at night before sleeping. Exercise regularly to keep fit and avoid obesity. Take Tablet L carnitine once a day for a month. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Keep well hydrated. Take Ibuprofen 400mg twice a day for 5 days after meals and Tablet Ranitidine 150mg twice a day for 5 days before meals.

These measures shall give you best relief. If you cannot understand the exercise I mentioned please feel free to check the videos of Calf muscle and Plantar fascia stretching on YouTube.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr. Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D