What causes severe stomachache with rapid weight-loss?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have a pain in the stomach for 6 weeks
Pain got worse over time
No diarrhea and no constipation
Normal stool frequency and shape
No blood seen
Normal CBC , Liver and Kidney function , nutrition's levels
Still my concern is that I am losing weight rapidly
I had a diet for 3 moths where I lost 5 KGs and then stopped the diet and for the last week alone I lost like 3 KGs
I do full blood work every year and some times twice a year and all numbers are the same for the last 10 years almost

Went to my doctor last week (before the sudden weight loss) and he examined me and saw the blood work and advised me to take my IBS meds and he had no concern about cancer or other serious cases , the pain became much better but the weight loss started

My question is basically can this rapid and sudden 3 kg loss in a week be symptom of cancer despite all the blood work or it is due to anxiety , for 4 days I wasn't eating well but now I eat normally and still losing weight , I have no appetite problem as well
Mon, 14 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please follow..

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read carefully all your concerns and I can say as follows:
1. You are reporting to have stomach pain and weight lose in last weeks.
these symptoms may be related with changes in your metabolism rate during three months of diet.
2. otherwise since you are reporting for stimach pai I would suggest to do :
-Abdominal ultrasound
- upper endoscopy
these exams will better determine your pain cause.
3. With regards to cancer , it is unlikely for it having normal appetites and weight lose.
usually cancer is associated with decrease appetite and weight lose.

Hope it was helpful to you
If you have other concerns I would be glad to assist you.
Dr.Klerida Shehu

Follow-up: What causes severe stomachache with rapid weight-loss? 13 minutes later
Dear doctor thank you for your answer but losing 3 kgs in days is t that cancer symptoms or since CBC totally normal then i should not be worried ?

I mean this weight loss should not worry me as an early symptom of cancer ? or since my CBC showing normal values and I have normal appetite then it is fine

Brief Answer:
Please follow..

Detailed Answer:
Hi back
Please don't worry about weight lose.
Since you have normal appetite and no anemia at blood work it unlikely that weight los is due to cancer.
Your symptoms are not typical for sugvestin cancer.