What causes severe stomach pain, cramps and headache with a history of constipation?
Constipation flared by diet perversions.
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. All your symptoms of belly aches, cramps and headaches are attributed to constipation. Age related bowel functions decline make the medicines hard to work. Good thing is there is a long list of laxatives you can choose from and with this trial and error , you can find the one which is best and perfect for you bowels emptying. Some times if the medicines dont help, suppositories and enema are next option.
More important is diet and lifestyle modifications. More fiber and fluids intake minimum of 35 gram fiber and 12 glasses of fluids are mandatory in 24 hours. Along with it good exercises like walking, jogging etc and good bowel habits like 10 minutes in toilet after 10 minutes of early breakfast is the best time for bowel movements.
Talk to your doctor and let them devise some options of laxatives for you to choose from and decide what is best for you. I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Stomach pain radiating to bowels slight constipation cause
- Stomach pain vomiting headaches constipation cause of worry
- What causes stomach pain and severe cramping
- Severe stomach pains while standing history of constipation need help
- What causes severe stomach pain
- Severe headache stomach pain constipation and vomiting need help
- Constipation stomach pain severe cramps treatment for symptoms
- What causes constipation and stomach pain
- Stomach pain and constipation
- Upper stomach pain and constipation