What causes severe stomach pain, chills and nausea?

Dr. Mukund Savaskar

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 24 Oct 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi I m 47 yr old female. Last eve I had a severe pain in my stomach. Which was causing me chills n nausea. I had severe pain all night. At 5 am I took metrogyl after which I got some relief. What do I take now. I m still having slight pain. Do I eat Normal food. Pls advise.

Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
BE on the liquid food for 1-2 days

Detailed Answer:
Ans-BE on the liquid food for 1-2 days
Hi,Welcome with your query to HCM.
you seem to have Gastro-Enteritis with ?
It seems to be due to Giardiasis from outside food,which you mostly take frequently.
Remedy-
Check with GP.
Continue with Metrogyl
Antispamodics like-Tab Bentyl 10 with script from your doctor.
Rest x 1 day or 2.
Liquids and Rice soup,for 1-2 days
No spices-1-2 days
Black tea with lemon
Hope this reply would help you to take further care.

Will appreciate writing your excellent feedback comments,to help needy patient visitors like you,at HCM services.

Wish you fast recovery.

Good Day!!

Dr.Savaskar, XXXXXXX Surgical Specialist
M.S.Genl-CVTS

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Mukund Savaskar 48 minutes later
Thankyou very much Dr. Pls advice on metrogyl dosage. Can I take zenetac.
Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
About Metrogyl dosage for Giardiasis

Detailed Answer:
Ans-About Metrogyl dosage for Giardiasis

Hi,I am happy to receive your Thanks.
About the metrogyl doses-400 mgm x 3 times day for 5 days to be taken after Meals.Don't take any wine/alcohol with it.
You can add up Zinetac only if you get Gastritis with Metrogyl
Zinetac to be taken as 150 mgm at 6 pm per day.
Hope this would help you to get out of the current health issue.
Keep me updated if need be by direct question to ME at HCM.

Wish you fast recovery.

Good Day!!

M.S.Genl-CVTS