What causes severe stomach pain and cramps after a meal?
My 28 yaers old separated daughter felt very severe and untoleratable stomach pain and cramps today after supper. To day she was on fast.In meals she took rice and potato along will dal.
This occured two weeks ago also. ultimately she got relief after force-vomitting and empty the stomach.
kindly suggest me what could be the reason and remedy.
gastritis, capsule omeprazole
I have gone through your query.
It might be due to gastritis. If she has taken spicy food or alcohol, they might have been cause.
I would not recommend inducing vomiting as resolving act, by doing so it might harm the lining of esophagus.
I would suggest her to presently avoid spicy food, alcohol and smoking, if she does. Eat less of meat and add lots of vegetable to her diet, ask her not to keep her stomach empty, she should have small frequent meals, instead of heavy once. Ask her to drink her lot of water.
I would suggested her to take capsule omeprazole 20 mg once daily, half an hour before breakfast for a week. With this measures she should be fine.
If the symptoms aggrevate or frequency increases, upper GI endoscopy can be done.
This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.
I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe vomiting with stomach pain what is causing it
- What causes stomach pain diarrhea and severe migraine
- What causes stomach pain and severe cramping
- What causes severe stomach pain
- What causes stomach pain after consuming beef
- What causes severe stomach pain above the navel
- What causes stomach pains before and after meals
- What causes severe stomach pain that extends to the back
- What causes severe stomach pain and back pain
- What causes stomach pain after skipping period