What causes severe stomach cramps, diarrhea, blood in stool and vomiting?
Sounds like gastroenteritis
symptoms of stomach cramping, vomiting and diarrhea (with or without blood) sounds like a gastroenteritis. If it were the diarrhea only, then perhaps I would also consider other diagnoses but this kind of clinical syndrome is attributed in more than 95% of cases in a gastroenteritis.
Would you please upload the test reports, so that I would have a better idea about his conditions? Also his vitals (blood pressure, pulse rate, temperature)?
treatment depends on severity
replenishment of fluid and electrolyte loss is of paramount importance regarding gastroenteritis. If he also had a fever then an antibiotic might help. Ciprofloxacin might be a good choice unless contraindicated. If he has no fever then the antibiotic might not help or it may even cause troubles sometimes.
Cancer is not a real consideration at this time. Since he has hemorrhoids and judging by his age, the hemorrhoids are the most likely cause of the bleeding. Were there streaks of blood? Or was the blood and the stool homogenous (a single color - no streaks) ?
An endoscopy might help to exclude other causes.
I don't know what "nothing" means regarding his blood tests. A point of interest is the choice of tests, so I'd like to know what tests he's done.
Regarding diet, I would suggest avoiding fatty food, milk and its products and too much fiber until the diarrhea gets better. He has to increase his fluid intake, to the point that his urine color is not the dark yellow color of dehydration.
could be viral
Please understand that remote assessment carries a risk because I've got no clinical examination information. Your son's condition seems like a gastroenteritis though.
The endoscopy is another name for colonoscopy but it may refer to part of the intestine only - for example the lower colon.
Common tests for gastroenteritis with diarrhea include stool cultures and microscopic examination. Other useful tests may include a complete blood count, c-reactive protein, electrolytes, urea, creatinine and erythrocyte sedimentation rate.
Please do send the reports when you get them, they will be helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe stomach cramps vomiting and diarrhea
- Stomach cramps and diarrhea with blood in it
- Severe stomach cramps and diarrhea
- Stomach cramps with diarrhea blood in stool what to do
- What causes stomach cramps with diarrhea
- Vomiting diarrhea stomach cramps reason
- What causes bad stomach cramps and diarrhea
- What is the remedy for stomach cramps with diarrhea
- Severe stomach cramping and bloody diarrhea
- Severe stomach cramps causes
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?