What causes severe stomach cramps, constipation, flatulence and vomiting?
I have not had a bowel movement on 10-12 days but keep feeling the need to. I am getting sever cramps in my stomach but again cannot have a bowel movement. I have tried over the counter laxitives over the past week including Senocot, Fibragel and Dulcolac but to no avail. I have also tried foods including orange juice, Red Bull etc. Following this I used an Enema which did nothing and tried a second one an hour later. Now 24 hours later the cramps remain and are aggravated when I move around or attempt to stand up straight. I am passing gas normally (slightly more than usual) and have vomited once. I am hydrated and drinking 2-3 litres of water per day. Can you advise?
Hello and welcome,
Given all that you have tried and that you have vomited, at this point I wouldn't try further oral laxatives but I'd suggest one of two things:
1. Try another enema
2. Go to an urgent care center (I am not sure what something similar is called in Ireland) and they will try to manually disimpact you (using a gloved finger) and may also give you an enema.
If you do decide to try another enema on your own, and it is unsuccessful then definitely do go in to be seen by a doctor. You have tried patiently and now it is time to go get some help.
I hope this information helps. Relief is on it's way.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What cause stomach cramps and bloating
- Severe stomach cramping and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for constipation with stomach cramps
- Does hepatitis b cause constipation and stomach cramps
- What causes stomach cramps wit bloatingdiarrhea and constipation
- What causes stabbing stomach cramps
- Pregnant have severe stomach cramping and constipation what is wrong
- What causes stomach cramps with diarrhea
- Stomach cramps and constipation
- Severe stomach cramps causes