What causes severe stomach ache after eating, nausea, fatigue and burping?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hello, ivebeen having very bad stomach pain as of late. I also get nausted with stomach pain every night around 8 pm for no apparent reason. I have depression and anxiety which I take Zoloft 150 mg once a day for. I get this pain in my bely when I sing masterbate or exerscise. I feel tired often and am concerned about cancer. ive had echo cardiogram several blood tests celiac test thyroid blood work chest ct calcium ct chest x rays brain ct and mri, ultra sound of internal organs about a year ago was normal. low vitamin b12 353 and low vitamin d 15.6 ml ive had 5 cts in my life and over three hundred x rays my bowels are smelly and somtimtes painful (not often) IM always hungry and brup with metal taste in my mouth. I had endoscopy a year ago that was normal. three years ago at age 18 I had a small cyst on left kidney that hasent been looked at since, er doc found it on ct in 2013 and didn't seem to be concerned about it as he said it was nothing. so what could be causing this? should I worry about cancer. I'm 21 years old with lots of radiation exposure.

are these symptoms typical for any type of cancer? I'm fairly concerned at this point. Pain in stomach comes and goes, I get gassy and pain is worse right after drinking or eating, but its hit or miss. sometimes I eat and no pain other times I drink a little and I'm very gassy and lots of pain. this symptom typically only happens at night for some odd reason?
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to have acid peptic disease or gastric ulcer work up

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all, it is sad to know what you had gone through. I must say here, that you seem to be a very determined person and you have been through alot and the way you have put all the details in such a concise way is commendable.

Based on the history you have shared, it seems as if you are suffering from a stomach ulcer or acid peptic disease. Since previous work up was normal so it can be a new advancement. In abscence of weight loss or severe lethargy, the cancer is too early to be diagnosed based on this but should be ruled out.

In any case after baseline work up like hemoglobin levels, WBC count and liver function tests and amylase, a repeat endoscopy will be needed to look for any ulcer or doubtful lesion so that biopsy can be taken.

Using antacids like omeperazole or pantoprazole before meals for symptomatic relief alongwith motility agent like domperidone or mebeverine for burping and other discomfort will help in overall clinical condition.

Look carefully for any black stool or weight loss by regular monitoring. Avoid heavy, greasy lipid loaded diets and spicy or fizzy foods and carbonated drinks. Take small but frequent diets. Rest assured it will be something treatable.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 7 hours later
So overall this doesn't sound like cancer? I have not committed and I've gained twenty pounds in two months so no weight loss
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It favors more to the duodenal ulcer

Detailed Answer:
Hi! It doesn't seem like a cancer at this stage. The weight gain is favoring more towards duodenal ulcer. However upper GI endocopy is highly recommended. Wish you a great health ahead. Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 4 hours later
Could this also be stress depression and anxiety I'm getting treated for that, also what about IBS ? Im always hungry Zoloft side effects perhaps?
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can be stress induced or drug related but IBS is less likely

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Thanks for sharing the feedback. Yes it can be stress induced but stress also potentiates formation of stress ulcers. Treatment remains the same as we had discussed earlier. Drugs like zopoft may cause stomach upset but usually doesn't cause such troubles like pains. IBS is less likely. In any case final diagnosis would need an upper GI endocopy. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar