• question-icon

What causes severe soreness in the thighs and legs?

Posted on Mon, 13 Feb 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Over the last few days my thighs and legs have been sore, a few muscle spams, and a little tingly. No troulbe walking. Im very over weight, 329lbs. I've been walikg for excercise, around 2.5 miles per day.
Thoughts.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be muscle soreness or electrolyte abnormality.

Detailed Answer:
The soreness in the legs can be due to sudden exercise that you have started. IT can also be due to an electrolyte imbalance, decreased fluid intake or methylcobalamin deficiency. You can get a few blood tests done to find the cause and then start with proper supplements to have relief. Do increase your electrolyte rich fluid intake till then.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 days later
Thanks. Should i be worried about ms related issues? I was told by an er doctor that i had ms in may of 2015. After an MRI my docter told me no ms. Thoughts?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
MS not likely.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
These symptoms are not likely to be related to MS. Few blood tests will confirm it. The diagnosis of MS is more of a clinical diagnosis. It is best to consult a neurologist for it.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon