What causes severe sore throat after moving the hay around the barn?
No headache, no runny nose, no fever. Is there an over the counter medication you recommend?
OTC anti-hystamine like Benadryl...
I am sorry for the situation your husband is in.
From what you are describing, as long as he was moving the hay around in the barn the other day, and is having severe sore throat by today, that is suggestive of possible allergy to hay.
I advise to take oral anti-histaminic drug like Benadryl for example. Continue taking oral anti-septic spray. If no improvement within the next 24 hours, should send him to ER for an immediate evaluation and treatment.
Wish fast recovery!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe sore throat with coughing chucks of flesh
- Severe sore throat causes
- Severe sore throat without fever
- Severe sore throat clavam
- Symptoms of severe sore throat
- Severe sore throat after upper endoscopy
- Sudden severe sore throat
- Treatment and cure for severe sore throat
- Diagnosis of severe sore throat
- What is the treatment for severe sore throat after sinusitis