What causes severe sinus pressure and headache after receiving Botox injection?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I had Botox 5 days ago 19 units for frown lines and forehead now I have severe sinus pressure and headache, how long should this last?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Steam inhalation is the mainstay of treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. It does not seem to me that the sinus pressure and the botox injection have any correlation. You need to take steam inhalation and some antiallergic like cetirizine. Water in form of vapor will reach deep inside and would help in diluting the thickened mucus that is blocking the openings of the sinuses. Hopefully your problem would be resolved in a couple of days.

Let me know if I could help further.