What causes severe rashes around the anal area, back and arms?
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
The area needs to be examined and the rash needs to be visualized. If there is reactive inflammatory process then hydrocortisone topically would suffice. If there is superimposed bacterial infection then betamethasone with fusidic acid topically would be a better option. Try to avoid overuse of antiseptic like povidone as it can lead to further skin erosion. Bed sores should be looked for and if needed bacitracin or mupirocin can also be added as a triple antibiotic topical ointment combination. If there is extensive sloughing then oral or systemic antibiotics would be required. Blood sugar levels should also be maintained within normal range as it can hinder wound healing.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe lower back pain and constipation
- What can cause severe cramps in my back
- What causes severe pain in the upper back shoulders
- What causes severe stomach pain and back pain
- What causes severe back ache
- What causes severe pain from back to arm
- What causes severe back pain
- What can cause severe low back pain
- What could cause severe cramps and back pain
- What causes severe back pain that radiates to the leg