What causes severe pain under the left breast?
Information on chest pain.
Pain in the chest, on the left side can be from acid reflux heartburn, muscle/tendon pain, anxiety, but most concerningly, from the heart not getting enough blood. If it is not clear what the cause is, go to the ER where they can examine you and draw blood for cardiac enzymes to see if the problem is related to your heart.
If the pain goes away when you are upright or have had something mild to eat, it is most likely heart burn. Zantac (ranitidine) should help this.
If the pain can be recreated by touching the area, or twisting, raising your arms, or in other ways moving your rib cage, it's musculoskeletal (strain, injury).
But if neither of those things are the case, go to the ER. Take an aspirin if you have one handy first, but if not handy, just go to the ER.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What might be the reason for severe pain under breast
- Cause for the severe pain under the breasts when eating
- Cause for severe pain under the breast during pregnancy
- What causes severe pain under the breast on the right
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes sever pain in the abdomen
- Severe pain tightening under right breast nausea cause
- What causes severe pain in heels
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- What is the cause of severe pain in the legs