What causes severe pain under rib cage?
Hello, sir. Welcome to Health Care Magic and thank you for your question. I understand your concern.
Well, it is a good news, because from the description, it does not the symptoms of a cardiac disease to be causing this. However, according basically to your age, although the index of suspicion is very low, I would suggest a test to exclude even the lung origin of this problem.
Therefore, I would recommend a plain chest X-ray which, if present, would reveal a possible problem with the lining of the lungs (pleura) or the lungs themselves. The way that this symptom is presented, continued and relieved, fits the diagnosis of an acute inflammation of the locomotory system of the area (muscles, cartilages or the bones of the area). I would recommend you a short course (5-7 days) of OTC non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as Tablet PARACETAMOL 650mg Three times a day after food, to treat this problem.
But please do not forget my recommendation about the chest X-ray. If the problem persists after the course of NSAIDs, feel free to contact us again, or your treating doctor, because other diagnoses should be sought in that case.
I hope I was helpful with my answer. I am happy to help, if you have followup questions. Please rate the answer, if you do not.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is recommended to cure severe pain in rib cage
- What causes severe pain under the breast on the right
- What causes severe pain under right rib during menstruation
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes sever pain in the abdomen
- What causes severe pain in heels
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- What is the remedy for severe pain in rib cage
- Severe pain right rib cage
- What is the cause of severe pain in the legs