What causes severe pain supra-pubic region and discomfort above left pelvic bone?
Likely to be due to Prostatitis.
Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have pain in suprapubic region and discomfort above left pelvic bone .
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Do you have any urinary symptoms like urgency for urination ,frequency for urination ,dysuria ,burning urination etc ?
2) Do you have pain while ejaculating ?
3) Do you have pain in perineal region and around anus ?
The pain and discomfort in pelvis and supra pubic region is mostly due to infection of prostate (Prostatitis).
Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.
4) Semen Examination and semen culture .
In the mean while start taking antibiotics like combination of Trimethoprim and Sulphamethoxazole (Bactrim) along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily and later on switch on to appropriate antibiotic as oper culture report .
Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks and Regards.
No problems with ejaculation or pain on ejaculation
Aggravating pain in testicles
Pain relieved with drinking except for Lt side lower back pain
What causes Prostatitis
Prostatitis is bacterial infection of Prostate .
Thanks for follow up and feedback .
Prostatitis is usually secondary to UTI or infection of testicles ,
Doing ultrasound scan will help to rule out presence of urinary stone .
Continue taking medications and get the test done suggested earlier .
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe pain in the umbilical region with nausea and vomitting
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes sever pain in the abdomen
- What causes severe pain in heels
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- What causes severe pain from back to arm
- What is causing severe pain near hip bones during pregnancy
- What causes severe pain in lower jaw bone
- What is the cause of severe pain in the legs
- Lump in lower left leg causing severe pain