• question-icon

What causes severe pain, numbness and tingling sensation in shoulder, foot and wrist?

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: hi I don't really go to the doctor I don't have a Dr just a OB. I have had mild Numbness,pain for a few years nothing that was really a concern BC it come and go (it hurt maybe 4)a few Mon. ago a lump/soft came out on R.Wrist&onTopthe wrist a Sm./Hard point like touching a pen tip came on the top of my hand my pain is horrible sometimes like tonight I'm restless BC I have horrible pain in my shoulder burning acheing down arm to my fingers ,burning in my left forarm and right foot is numb and tingly its miserable
Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wrist lumps with multiple joint pain / Under Investigation

Detailed Answer:
Brief Ans-Wrist lumps with multiple joint pain / Under Investigation

Hi Dear !!Thanks for your query to HCM.
Read and reviewed your query facts in context to your health concerns.
Musculo-Fibromyalgias with numbness and tingling in shoulder/ foot / wrist / forearm-this symptom complex -recurring and progressing gradually over last few years and last few months.

Cause of this symptom complex-
This complex seems to be mostly due to -Rheumatic Arthritis- in early stages.Other causes like Systemic Lupus / Sjogrens disease needs to be kept in mind.

Do's- Suggested-
I would suggest you to Consult Rheumatologist and get tested for RA activity in your body.
Blood Testing for AC/protein Antibodies and for RA factor- antibodies
Xray of the joints complained would be needed to fix the diagnosis of this problem.

Give More info as follow-
Is there any morning stiffness / malaise?
Whether you have family history of joint illness ? History of wrist nodules / or small joint tendon/ joint nodules.?
History of auto-immune diseases as Systemic Lupus and Sjogrens disease ?

Suggestion-
Take Consultation with Rheumatologist after consulting your Physician.

Hope this would help you to plan further treatment with your doctors there.
Welcome for any further query in this regard.

Good day !!

Dr.Savaskar M.N. XXXXXXX Surgical Specialist
M.S.Genl-CVTS
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Mukund Savaskar

General Surgeon