• question-icon

What causes severe pain near the ear?

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I am experiencing pain in my left jaw after having an earache. I am unable to chew normally and it feels like my jaw is out of line on the left side near my ear. The pain near my ear has really been excruciating when I touch around the left ear.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be infection or T-M joint inflammation.

Detailed Answer:
The pain near the ear can be due to T-M joint inflammation or an inner ear infection. This needs a direct examination to rule out an infection in the area. In case there is no infection then anti inflammatory medicines oral muscle relaxants and a hot compress will help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon