• question-icon

What causes severe pain near pubic bone area and joints pain?

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016 in Lump
Question: My mother is having sever pain near her pubic bone area. She fells no sensation if she stands for longer time or walk bit more. The area is the join of two leg. We have visited a doctor, he perescribed 1 injection and capsule (nometh_vit ).
Please suggest whether the medicines are correct and to which specialist we should visit for further investigation. What time of problem is this?
XXXXX
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nerve problem - consult a Neuro Surgeon.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
To recapitulate: Female/56 - (Mother) - severe pain near pubic bone area - joint of two legs - no sensation if she stands for a longer time or walk a bit more - visited a Doctor - prescribed Nometh Vit Injection -

Yes, the injection is correct for any neurological condition, please continue with it.
You should visit Neuro Surgeon for further clinical evaluation and investigations.
Type of problem:
This is a Neurological problem. This can be due to nerve pinching somewhere in its course, causing a typical of severe pain and still no sensation if she stands for a longer time or walks a bit more as per the history you have provided.

I hope this answers your query, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Thanks for your suggestion, we'll visit a Neuro Surgeon very soon. How serious the problem is and is it completely curable.
Happy Holi
XXXXX
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Looks to be curable.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your wishes and wish you all, all the same.
This may not be a serious problem.
The clinical evaluation and investigations alone can tell us whether this is curable or not. Let us presume this is curable at the moment.
Tell Her so, so that her anxiety reduces and the pain tolerance increases.

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon