What causes severe pain in upper left arm?
common cause is muscle spasms, analgesic
I have gone through your query
I would like to know since when you are having this problem?
Is there any history of injury? Stretching?
Based on the information I feel pain might be due to muscle spasm and sometimes muscle get pulled unknowingly during some activities.
For muscle spasms - You should take NSAID like Aceclofenac with muscle relaxants like Chlorzoxazone/ Tizanidine twice daily for 3-5 days based on the response. You can ask your local doctor for prescription of this agent. Along with this hot compression and analgesic gel or spray will be beneficial. Also give rest and avoid any activities that aggravates the pain.
If this measures do not help, then it needs to be investigated ( x ray shoulder), for this I would suggest you to see orthopaedician.
Hope this helps
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe pain in upper stomach area
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes sever pain in the abdomen
- What causes severe pain in the upper back shoulders
- What causes severe pain in heels
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- What causes severe pain in shoulder radiating down the arm
- What causes severe pain from back to arm
- What causes severe pain in neck arms and thighs
- What is the cause of severe pain in the legs
- What causes temporary black outs while on Prozac?
- Suggest treatment for painful rash on body
- How long should Olanzapine and Clozapine be taken for psychosis and...
- What causes episodes of dizziness and nausea?
- Suggest remedy for stomach ache
- Suggest treatment for pain during urination
- What causes black mole on penis?
- Suggest treatment for hemorrhoids
- Can i take NyQuil while on Mucinex?
- What causes intermittent fever and nausea?