What causes severe pain in upper groin area, constipation and urinary retention?
Some thoughts on this:
I am sorry you are having this problem. There are a number of things that could be going on, and without examining you, I can't narrow it down but can provide you with some information.
You mention that you had some constipation. If this is still going on, it's possible that your bowels or distention in your bowels from gas, are putting some pressure on the bladder, making it feel like you have to urinate.
There is also the possibility of a stone or stones somewhere along your urinary tract. This can create this sensation too.
Prostatitis may cause urinary urgency/frequency.
So, I suggest you go in to your doctor or an urgent care clinic where they can check a urine specimen. This should be done first. Then a physical exam where the doctor palpates your abdomen and possibly a prostate exam.
This will help sort things out.
I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chronic urinary retention causes
- Intermittent urinary retention causes
- Can coccydynia cause urinary retention
- Dystonia , urinary retention causes
- Does stillbirth cause urinary retention
- What is the treatment for urinary retention
- Acute urinary retention causes
- Does vivance cause urinary retention
- Causes of urinary retention
- Significant urinary retention causes