Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

194 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes severe pain in the right temple?

Answered by
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1954

Answered : 4239 Questions

Posted on Sat, 10 Mar 2018 in General Health
Question: My husband, 52, is complaining of tasting and smelling smoke when he belches x 1 day. Had a pain in right temple x 1 week which has resolved.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The problem of GERD needs to be resolved first

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone very carefully through your query. Your husband's problem seems to be due to two different causes. The belching is a sign of gastroesophageal reflux (GERD). It is possibly due to some digestion product that he is getting the smoky sense. But more importantly, the issue of GERD needs to be resolved.

In order to relieve himself, he needs to do the following:
* Avoid spicy food. Take small but frequent meals. Avoid long gaps between meals.
* Avoid alcohol intake (if it a part of his habit).
* Take Prilosec (omeprazole) once daily before breakfast.
* Take plenty of green leafy vegetables as well as other sources of dietary fibers. Take fiber supplements like isabgol/psyllium husk or senna. I would insist you to increase his dietary fiber intake.
* Regular morning walk and exercise to keep the bowel movements proper.
* Take curd or yogurt on daily basis. It contains beneficial bacteria and should help.
* Stress reduction has a very important role to play. Yoga and meditation should help.

Regarding the pain in right temple, it is possibly due to an electrolyte imbalance. Taking juicy fruits and plenty of fluids or ORS (oral rehydration solution) should help (in case a subsequent episode occurs).

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Thank you so much. I will forward your suggestions to him and get back to you on his condition. I really appreciate your.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Glad to be of service

Detailed Answer:
I am glad that you like my answer. Feel free to ask me back in case of any health related questions that you may have.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,   ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Electrolyte imbalance

doctor1 MD

Hi dr xxxxxxxx as requested I had blood panel done and they came back normal no signs of heart attack or enzymes I have a stress test set up tomorrow the ecg that was uploaded already I will ask him to take a look my question is I quit smoking 9...

doctor1 MD

My wife is 77 years old. In 2016, she had 1/2 of right lung removed due to lung cancer . She then had a-fib and later chemo for cancer. In march 2017, she had seizures in brain due to cancer metastasizing to brain. She then had radiation treatment...

doctor1 MD

I am a 72 yr old female. For the past week, I have been suffering on and off with upper posterior thigh muscle spasms, together with a knife-like pain on the side of my leg going to my buttock. The worst are the severe muscle spasms. To complicate...