What causes severe pain in the right palm while treating a frozen shoulder?

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Sat, 16 Jun 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Dear Doctor My wife age 38 having sever pain in right palm as marked in photo attach. she is taking medicine for frozen shoulder.kindly suggest any test/medicine
Thanks with best regards
xxxxxxxx xxxxxx
Answered by Dr. Kampana 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Maybe thumb arthritis.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your images and query. It looks like thumb arthritis. I would suggest you to take Tab. Etoshine 90 mg once a day for 5 days for pain. Continue other medicines she is taking.

She can also soak her hand in warm water for 15 mins twice daily for a week. At present as it is acute it is adviced to rest later when the hot phase is over she can do some exercises and physiotherapy.

In case it persists it is best to meet an orthopedician for a detailed examination an treatment.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana