Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
179 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What causes severe pain in the right hip?

Answered by
Dr. Priyanka G Raj

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Practicing since :2010

Answered : 275 Questions

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am having pain in the right hip. I have not fallen. The pain is so severe I am limping and it hurts with each step I take. Any suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka G Raj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Due to muscle strain or arthritis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query
I can understand your concern.

In my opinion your pain in right hip is due lower back muscle strain or may be a cause of arthritis. It depends on duration.If it is short duration , probably due to muscle strain.If you are having it since long time it might be due to arthritis.

For pain you can take pain killers like tablet ibubrofen, Acetaminophen twice daily after food for 3 days.

If pain is too much to bear you can go muscle relaxants like tab ultracet along with Tab Pantop 500mg for 2 days.

Follow below tips to reduce pain
1 hot packs/cold packs over pain area
2 hot oil massage to the pain area/physiotherapy
3 Watch your posture.
Be especially careful of your posture when lifting heavy objects. Never bend over from the waist. Instead, bend and straighten from the knees.
4 Watch your weight. Use diet and exercise to keep your weight within a healthy

5 Avoid longstanding and sitting in same posture.
6.You can start calcium supplements if required

If it is not reducing with above methods you may need to meet Orthopedic surgeon, doctor may ask you to get done X ray to look into any fracture or any signs of arthritis.
If you are having any doubt you are welcome.

Thank you
Take care

Dr Priyanka XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,  

Recent questions on  Ultracet

doctor1 MD

good morning sir, sir my father was suffering for kidney parenchymal disease so he was problem with pains of both legs,chest pain ,blood test...

doctor1 MD

Im 30yrs old married woman . Due to some issues in my marriage i ended up getting severe anxiety attack resulting in a seizure with numbness in...

doctor1 MD

My Husband has severe cough for a month and he has been diagonised as alergic bronchitis and lower respiratory tract infection. The frequency of...

doctor1 MD

My wife (23) is suffering from acute pain on her left side of the head. The pain is such that she feels that her ear, jaw and nose has become numb....

doctor1 MD

Sometimes I feel a sensation/slight pain on the right side under my breast bone. It s a fleeting sensation/ pain that lasts maybe a second and then...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, I had a heavy anxiety due to nausea caused by acute gastritis last monht. From that time my mouth area started giving a dull pain. I...

doctor1 MD

My mom is 92 and has one kidney . Shes having really bad back pain and nerve pain down leg and groin area. She has high blood pressure . Also a fib...