What causes severe pain in the navel area indicate?
To rule out gastrointestinal ulcers & cholecystitis
Thank you for your query.
I'm Dr. Shuba Hariprasad and will be answering your query today.
Based on your symptoms I would like to rule out gastritis (ulcers as well) and cholecystitis (gall bladder inflammation)
Would you clarify a few things for me, please?
*do you have any fever? Any vomiting?
*do your stools smell different? If so, how would you describe it?
*do you have any headaches, throat pain, giddiness?
*do you have any other medical issues or take any medications? Including supplements?
*any surgeries in the past?
I recommend :
- a physician consult
-an ultrasound abdomen
-blood tests (complete blood count, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, c-reactive protein, liver & kidney function tests, )
A CT scan of the abdomen or an endoscopy may be required based on the clinical findings.
Black stool may signify old blood on stools.
As the pain is unusual, lasted this long and is associated with black stools, I urge you to seek medical attention right away.
In the meantime,
# have a liquid bland diet
# stay well hydrated
# keep an eye out for the following warning signs:
-high temperature (more than 100.4 farenheit)
-severe abdominal pain
-blood in stools or vomitus
-reduced urine output
Hope this helps. Please get back to me with the above requested clarifications and let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
Wish you good health
Dr. Shuba Hariprasad
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe pain in bladder and penis
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes severe pain in anterior and lateral of thigh
- What causes sever pain in the abdomen
- What causes severe pain in lower thoracic area
- What causes severe pain in heels
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- What causes severe pain from back to arm
- What causes severe pain in lower jaw bone
- What is the cause of severe pain in the legs