What causes severe pain in the left side of the abdomen?

Excellent

Question
Hello doctor,
I m having severe pain in my left side of the stomach. Its in the middle of the stomach. I have taken omeprazole,nobel spas, baby aspirin and aristozyme. But the pain is there like drilling burning pain.I m feeling nauseated also. Please help.
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
may need a combination of medication

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Aspirin and similar medications (ibuprofen, cataflam, naproxen) in that drug family can sometimes aggravate/irritate the stomach and cause gastritis.

Gastritis can by associated with nausea and burning.

It can take 5 to 7 days for medication like omeprazole to kick in because it cannot get rid of acid and other irritants that are already there but decreases future production

Omeprazole did not work for you, you may want to consider trying meds as lansoprazole or nexium or pantoprazole combined with tums or gaviscon or peptobismol
The meds would need to be taken on a consistent basis

In addition, a look at any foods that may be worsening or causing the problem, would be necessary

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions