What causes severe pain in the heels?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 23 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: What would cause heel pain that feels like a stake going into the center of my heel?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be plantar fasciitis.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in heels can be due to a condition called plantar fasciitis. Its one of the commonest reason for heel pain. Pain in morning and improvement on walking for some time is its classical presentation. The initial treatment with anti inflammatory medicines with rest and cold fomentation works fine for most of the patients. Cortisone injection is a good mid to long term treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal