Owl Image

What causes severe pain in the feet and rashes on the lower chest?

Owl Image
Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist

Question
I have neuropaphy with severe pain in feet and hands & just noticed a rash on lower chest to left side. Could these be related?
Wed, 27 Dec 2017 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Some further details please.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

I would like to know that since when you have neuropathy symptoms and since when rash? Are they temporally related to each other?

Please follow up with some detailed history so that I can provide you a clarification on this.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)

Follow-up: What causes severe pain in the feet and rashes on the lower chest? 28 minutes later
I have had neuropathy since May 1, 2017 the day I was discharged from hospital following treatment with a strong antibiotic for infection in heat. I just tonight discovered rash on my lower chest following soreness or a few days.

Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
It may not be related.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being in follow-up.

In that case, these are most likely not related as there does not appear to be any temporal association. Otherwise also, very rarely the same cause can have rash as well as neuropathy.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)