What causes severe pain in the body and fatigue despite taking medication?

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I think I have Fibromyalgia. My Dr says she doesn't think so. She says it came on too quickly. I woke up one morning and my whole body was in pain that I had never had before. It hurt so much I just wanted to kill myself. I called my Psych. Dr and he called in Duloxeline for me to take.Quite a lot of the pain was gone by the next day. My back still hurts-mylegs-my feet and I suffer from fatique. I could just sleep all day. I asked my Dr for the name of a Rheumatologist.,and I have anappt next month. Do you think it is a waste of my time?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No not a waste.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to Health Care Magic, I am Dr Muhammd Ahmad, I have closely read your question and I understand your concerns, I will hereby guide you regarding your health related problem.

Your doctor is right in few regards, fibromyalgia doesn't usually appear this sudden but this isn't a reason to exclude it although in such situations it's usually not there.

Visiting a specialist is not a waste of time that will make you come closer to an answer.

Fibromyalgia is a diagnosis of exclusion(if patient doen't have any other disease causing pain , we say he has fibromyalgia) and you must be thoroughly evaluated for the presence of other disorders that could be the cause of symptoms before a diagnosis of fibromyalgia is made.

The clinical assessment may reveal objective evidence for a discrete or comorbid illness, such as the following:

-Rheumatoid arthritis
-Systemic lupus erythematosus
-Polymyalgia rheumatic
-Other inflammatory or autoimmune disorders.
and few other disorders.

All these disorders come under the domain of a rheumatologist so in my opinion you have made appointment with the right doctor. Till then keep taking the medication you doctor prescribed and try to avoid stress and anxiety which will exagerate your pain. Everything is expected to be fine once you visit the doctor you will find many answers.

I hope this answered your question, if you have more feel free to ask,otherwise close the discussion and rate it.

Regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.
General and Family Physician..