What causes severe pain in the arms and neck?
Pinched nerves to consider.
With such presentations. I would consider pinched nerve(s) in your cervical spine.
Temporary symptoms that may be linked to certain neck and head positions also may indicate instability (listhesis) of your cervical spine.
Other possible conditions also include herniated disc disease, spondylosis, etc.
Imaging studies such as X-rays and MRI of the cervical spinal cord take an important role in cases like yours.
The need for treatment is guided by your symptoms and by these imaging studies findings.
Please discuss with your Doctor about these issues.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Erion Spaho, Neurologist, Surgical
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe pain in bladder and penis
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes sever pain in the abdomen
- What causes severe pain in heels
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- What causes severe pain in shoulder radiating down the arm
- What causes severe pain from back to arm
- What causes severe pain in lower jaw bone
- What causes severe pain in neck arms and thighs
- What is the cause of severe pain in the legs
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?