What causes severe pain in stomach and back?
Now 2 days ago I have severe stomach pains. I can't get out of bed of stand up from sitiing without help.
Spine disc herniation can be the reason.
Thank you for the query.
Back pain and stomach pain can be both caused by kidneys infection. Especially if you have also frequent urinating, burning while urinating, some lower abdominal pain.
Spine disc herniation is also very possible. In some cases, physical therapy is not enough. If you have been also taking painkillers recently, this might be the reason of stomach pain.
I suggest you to consult orthopedist, have physical examination and consider spine MRI. In some cases, surgery is the best choice.
If you find the stomach to be caused by painkillers, Omeprazole 20 mgs once a day should be started.
Hope this helps. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe pain in stomach followed by diarrhea
- What causes severe pain in upper stomach area
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes sever pain in the abdomen
- Sever pain in stomach if not eating cause
- What causes severe pain in the upper back shoulders
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- What causes severe pain at back and legs
- What causes severe pain from back to arm
- What could cause severe pain in lower back with vomiting