What causes severe pain in sternum?
It must be Gastritis.
Hi, the pain is likely due to Gastritis. Do you have a feeling like burning behind your throat or burning behind sternum?
These could be signs of Gastritis or Oesophagitis.
The right investigation would be an Upper GI Endoscopy which your Doctor has rightly advised. Please get that done and you can share the report with us for further advice on treatment.
I usually advice my patients medicines like Pantoprazole or Omeprazole twice a day half an hour before meals on empty stomach for one to three months. Most patients find significant relief with these and need no other therapy.
You can also try the same.
Do let us know if there are any other queries on this issue.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe pain in bladder and penis
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes severe pain in anterior and lateral of thigh
- What causes sever pain in the abdomen
- What causes severe pain in lower thoracic area
- What causes severe pain in heels
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- What causes severe pain from back to arm
- What causes severe pain in lower jaw bone
- What is the cause of severe pain in the legs