What causes severe pain in shoulder and arms with history of surgery?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I had shoulder surgery 2 years ago. Seemed like it never healed right. They installed 5 anchor points to tie tendones in place. I currently have major shoulder pain my arm feels like its in a bee hive and my fingers 4&5 are numd.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs clinical evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Our shoulder joint is a very unstable joint. The mobility of the joint has come at the cost of stability. Hence surgeries of the shoulder often tend not to provide a good relief against the original problem. Another possibility to consider is that the nerves passing around the shoulder might get compressed and thereby cause the numbness in your fingers. You need to be evaluated clinically and need to visit a surgeon (preferably a plastic surgeon) for the same.

Let me know if I could help further.