What causes severe pain in lower back of a person with Crohn's disease?
get your medicines revised
Thank you for your query through HCM.
Crohn's disease is an inflammatory condition of gastrointestinal tract lining. & causes severe abdominal pain & other digestive problems hampering your day to day life & health. I appreciate your concern.
* From your information you are probably going through an acute exacerbation of the condition. The flushing & feeling hot is out of the stress of pains you have to stand. The tubal pregnancy like pain may be due to affection of intestines in nearby area.
You are taking Ibuprofen & Rolaids for it without relief.
* I would suggest a consultation of a gastroenterologist & get your medicines revised- for the medicines you are taking are not relieving you.
Doctor will asses your condition/ & will give you specific treatment that suits/ helps you .
Other alternatives for treating inflammation like oral 5 amino salicylates / corticosteroids / immune system suppressors/ antibiotics/ metronidazole/ Proton pump inhibitors will be advised according to doctor's opinion, to make you relieved & comfortable.
Surgery is advised in few non responding patients.
* Along with these few life style changes would help you to cope up with Crohn's more comfortably. they are-
-Food: take small servings of food. Drink plenty of water,take low fat diet, take multivitamin supplements.
- Avoid dairy products, Avoid problem creating food( fibers), avoid dairy products, Consult a dietitian
- Avoid smoking, avoid stress
- Regular physical exercises / yoga/ breathing exercises/ relaxation under expert advise.Try to be positive.
*Thus expert advise, medication according to his advise, self care by changing life style would help you to get out of your present stressful condition & help you to cope up in long run.
I hope, the answer is both informative & useful to you. In case you have some follow up query I would like to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Crohns disease and back pain
- What is the pressure in my back with crohns disease
- What causes colitis and crohns disease
- Crohns disease causes
- What causes severe pain in the upper back shoulders
- What causes severe pain at back and legs
- What causes severe pain from back to arm
- What could cause severe pain in lower back with vomiting
- Crohns disease joint pain
- Can intake of lexapro cause severe pain in lower back